Short History

Sakaldiha P.G. College was established and founded by Late Ram Kamal Pandey in the year 1965 at Sakaldiha, which is about 10 Kms. from district headquarter Chandauli and 30 Kms. from our educational and cultural capital, Varanasi. It was the vision of Pt. Ram Kamal Pandey to establish an institution of higher education in this remote, backward area, which would be as prestigious as U.P. College, Varanasi. In those days, the young boys and girls had to go to Varanasi or Allahabad to continue their education after passing Intermediate. Since the area was backward and per capita income of people living in this area was quite low in comparison to that of people living in western U.P., parents could not afford the education of their children. In that case, most of the talented students had to drop their education. So an institution of higher education was the need of hour and thus Sakaldiha P.G. College was established to fulfill the aspirations of the talented students of this remote area of the eastern U.P. Sakaldiha P.G. College got the pride and privilege of being the biggest B.Ed. department of the then Gorakhpur University. A large number of students have been working in different parts of the country after completing their teacher training course from Sakaldiha P.G. College. At present on UG (graduation) level 11 subjects are taught in Art stream, at PG level 5 subjects (Geography, Hindi, Political Science, English and Sociology) are taught. Sakaldiha is well connected by road and rail routes. At present Sakaldiha is the headquarter of Tehsil Sakaldiha enjoying all the facilities of district administration.

⇒ Change in name, upgradation of teaching level and trasnfer of affiliating university of college under section 2 (f) and 12 (B) of the UGC Act, 1956 View/Download Click Here